- Unity Metal has more than 8 years of stainless steel handrail manufacturing experience, with a staff of over 100 and 18 tube machines.
- Unity Metal has been approved by CE.
- OEM services are available.
- 100% inner inspection, and with ISO9001 certification.
- Grade of stainless-steel: 304/316L/2205.
- Finish: Brushed/Mirror
- Technical: Casting
- Suitable: 25.4mm slotted tube.
- Scope of applications: Construction, stainless-steel handrails and stair railings. Used commonly in shopping malls and houses.
- Designed glass of up to 8mm, 10mm or 12mm with optional rubber.
- Flush joints and stainless-steel handrails are supplied in 5.8 meters/6meters length with glass and appropriate grip rubber to suit the glass.
- AS/NZS 1170.1 Compliant.
- Minimum visual impact.
- No welding required using tube 2680 or equivalent.
- Adjustable Connector for low maintenance stainless-steel handrails.
- End Cap for 25.4mm stainless-steel slotted tubes.
- 90-degree flush joint for stainless-steel handrail, with fast & clean installation (no cement required).
- 180-degree connector/straight joiner with technical casting that simply slides into the stainless-steel handrail for a neat join.
- All products are available with Satin & Polished surfaces, and no welding is required for installation.
- Stainless-steel wall flange with key hole for 25.4mm groove tube.
Cap top rail specifications for stainless steel handrail — standard size
2. Mass production process:
Quality of all the raw material is strictly controlled during the casting process to ensure that we get perfect stainless-steel accessories from the production process.
Some products have unusual shapes and cannot be made by simple processes such as pipe bending etc. during stainless-steel production. In order to produce such irregular-shaped products (the interior maybe hollow or solid), a kind of wax mold/sand mold is used and a liquid material is filled in it for the molding process.
Advantages: A variety of products can be made according to different wax patterns. Disadvantages: The accuracy of the molding process is not high, and there is large surface roughness.
Precision casting process:
It is done according to different shapes of products to make molds. The mold is divided into upper and lower concave molds, and is made through a comprehensive process of turning, plaining, milling, etching, and electric spark. The shape and size of the pit are the same as the half of the product. Because the wax mold is mainly used for industrial wax pressing, aluminum alloy materials with low melting point, low hardness, low requirements, cheaper prices and lighter weights are used as molds. The process has following steps:
- Produce a large number of industrial wax solid core models using aluminum alloy molds. Under normal circumstances, one industrial wax solid model can correspond to one blank product only.
- Refinish the peripheral margin of the wax mold. After deburring, stick a number of single wax molds (also known as group trees) on the prepared mold head. This mold head is also an industrial wax mold produced by the wax mold Core model; it looks like a tree.
- Apply industrial glue to the multiple wax molds that have been fixed on the mold head, and evenly spray the first layer of fine sand (a kind of refractory sand with high temperature resistance: usually silicon sand). The sand particles are small and fine, so as to ensure that the surface of the final blank is as smooth as possible.
- Allow the wax mold sprayed with the first layer of fine sand to air dry naturally at the set room temperature (or a constant temperature). This does not affect or change the shape of the wax mold inside. The natural air-drying time depends on the complexity of the product itself. The first air-drying time of the casting is about 5-8 hours.
- After the first sand blasting and natural air-drying, continue applying industrial glue (silicone slurry) on the surface of the wax mold, and spray a second layer of sand. The particle size of the second layer of sand is larger than the first. After spraying the second layer of sand, the wax mold must be allowed to air-dry naturally at the set constant temperature.
- After the second sand blasting and natural air-drying, the third sand blasting, the fourth sand blasting, and the fifth sand blasting are performed by analogy.
- Note: Adjust the number of blasts according to the product surface requirements, volume size, and weight, etc. In general, the number of blasts is 3-7. The size of the grit is different for each shot blasting. Generally, the grit in each subsequent process is thicker than that in the previous process, and the time of air-drying is also different. Generally, the time for a complete wax mold sand production cycle is about 3 days.
- The wax mold that has completed the sandblasting process is evenly coated with a layer of white industrial latex (silicone slurry) before the baking process to play the role of bonding and curing the sand mold and sealing the wax mold to prepare it for the baking process. At the same time, after the baking process, the brittleness of the sand mold can be increased, which is convenient for crushing the sand layer and taking out the blank.
Baking process: The wax mold (after fixing on the die head and completing the sandblasting and air-drying process) is heated in a special sealed oven (usually a kerosene-fired steam furnace). Because the melting point of industrial wax is not high, the temperature required is about 150°, at which the wax mold is melted by heat to form wax water which flows out of the gate (this is known as “dewaxing”). The wax mold that remains after dewaxing is just an empty sand shell. The key to precision casting is to use this empty sand shell. (Generally, this wax can be used repeatedly many times, but must be re-filtered. Otherwise, unclean waxes will affect the surface quality of the blank, such as surface sand holes, pits, and the shrinkage of precision cast products).
- Baking the sand shell: In order to make the de-waxed sand shell stronger and more stable, the sand shell must be baked before pouring stainless-steel liquid, usually in a high-temperature (about 1000 °) stove.
- Pour the stainless-steel water that has been dissolved into liquid at a high temperature into the de-waxed sand shell. The liquid stainless-steel water fills the space of the previous wax mold until it is completely filled, including the middle die part.
- Because different stainless-steel materials will be mixed in the boiler, the factory must detect the material percentage and then adjust the release according to the required ratio, such as adding those aspects to achieve the desired effect.
- After the liquid stainless-steel is cooled and solidified by water, the outer sand shell is broken with the help of mechanical tools or manpower, and the solid stainless-steel product is exposed to the shape of the original wax mold, which is the final blank. It will be cut one by one, separated and roughened into a single blank.
Inspection of blanks: Blanks with uneven surfaces and pores on the surface must be repaired with argon arc, and returned to the furnace after the cleaning of the waste products.
Cleaning the blank: The blank that has to pass the inspection must pass through the cleaning process.
Carry out other processes until the finished product.
- Production of casting
- Inspection of raw materials
- Molding punching
- Drilling and tapping
- CNC the processing
- Welding process
- Polishing process
- Inspect product
3. Mill test certificate will be provided after completion of the order
- “We hereby certify that the material described herein has been manufactured in accordance with the standards and specifications specified by you and that it satisfies the requirements.” Conform to EN10204 3.1.B.
- In 304 type, Nickel should be 8-10% and CR 18-20%. In 316L, Carbon should be below 0.035%, Nickel 10-15% and CR 16-18%. (Mill test certificates will be required before dispatching the goods).
- If mass goods do not match the nickel and chrome standards then they will be rejected and re-produced up to the required standards
4. Package details and delivery date
Packaging of slotted tube: Every single stainless-steel tube is packed in a nylon sleeve and a cardboard paper tube, then put into a wooden case or a steel crate.
Packaging of stainless-steel fitting: With 100 pieces per carton, several cartons are put into wooden cases.
Packaging of gasket: About 30 meters per roll, 2 rolls per carton.
Delivery date for stainless-steel handrail tube: 25-30 days for a full container after advance payment.
Delivery date for stainless-steel handrail fittings: 45-50 days after 30% deposit.
5. Installation instruction for 25.4mm stainless-steel handrail system
- Gasket material: EPDM.
- Finish of stainless-steel: Mirror Polished/ Satin finish.
- Glass: The product is suitable for toughened 8-12mm/toughened laminated glass.
6. 90-degree connector installation for stainless-steel handrail system
- The glue is applied on the inside of the stainless-steel U tube, then the 90-degree fitting is put on it to connect the U tubes.
- A continuous stainless-steel handrail is required when protecting a fall of over 1000mm and to prevent glass breakage, by protecting the top edge from being struck by hard objects. The joints are adequately supported by stainless-steel end caps, while the corners are adequately supported by stainless-steel 90-degree fittings.
- The installation is easy and does not require welding.
Simply stainless-steel handrail base installation:
It is fixed on the substrate on the centerline of the aluminum base shoe. For more information on repairs, please refer to the project.
Be continuous where feasible. The joints should be aligned with the joints of the glass panel and tightly docked and sealed before grouting.
Mark the wall with the hole above it. Then, on the side where the stainless-steel handrail needs to be installed, punch holes in the wall, put the aluminum base shoe on, and install the screws in order.
(Put 4 rubber pads into the aluminum base shoe per meter).
Fit the clip to the gasket on both/one side of the top of aluminum base shoe edge.
Tap the aluminum wedge with a nylon hammer and a suitable chisel to secure the glass. Ensure that the aluminum wedges are mounted on the channel wall; 4 wedges required for each linear meter (except 3KN load). When installing an aluminum wedge, it must be pressed firmly so that it protrudes about 200 mm inside and 15-20mm above the top of the alloy boot channel.
For the toughened glass panels, use an aluminum base shoe with appropriate thickness and polished exposed edges for application.
Mount the stainless-steel handrail to the top of the glass with a suitable gasket and glue the stainless-steel cladding to the basic channel.
Seal all the joints completely with silicon glue.
Note: Only in this case can washers and wedges be designed to deflect most of the surface water. However, they do not completely prevent water from entering the channel and the interior of the stainless-steel handrail should be completely protected from corrosion. Washers can be used to cover grouting surfaces; otherwise, the grouting surface must be sealed with MS silicone. All stainless-steel handrails must be satin / mirror coated, and all seams must be completely sealed with gasket.
The glass to be used should be tempered and heat strengthened.
The removal tool allows easy removal of the wedge, effortlessly removing the aluminum wedges from the shoe, enabling fast & easy replacement of damaged or incorrect glass.
7. Our service
- Free design – Once the order is confirmed and the deposit is received, we will make a detailed shop drawing for our customer to confirm.
- On time delivery – 100% on time delivery after order confirmation.
- Price of stainless-steel handrail matches our guarantee: Unity metal products will be perfect match any genuine product available for the quote.