The character of stainless steel
1.1. There are more than 100 types of stainless steel with different properties. Stainless steel divided into five categories: martensitic steel, ferritic steel, austenitic steel, duplex steel, and precipitation hardening steel. Used for stainless steel handrails are 304, 316L, and 2205.
1.2. Compared with ordinary steel, austenitic stainless steel has low thermal conductivity, mild high, large thermal expansion coefficient, and non-magnetic.
Surface processing of stainless steel
Stainless steel has a variety of surface processing. Such as hot-rolled surface finishing; cold-rolled surface finishing; polished surface processing; surface art processing; electroplating processing (colored stainless steel, etc.); surface coating, etc. Stainless steel is not only mirrored, sanded, but also has been developed in recent years to resist fingerprints.
Corrosive environments require a mirror surface, because a mirror surface is not prone to fouling. Like other materials exposed to the atmosphere, stainless steel will be dirty. Rainwater and manual scrubbing can remove dust and dust on the surface, which has a good effect on the surface. Generally speaking, the stainless steel used for the exterior needs to be maintained twice a year.
Why does stainless steel corrode?
All metals react with oxygen in the atmosphere to form an oxide film on the surface. While the iron oxide formed on ordinary stainless steel is oxidized. It causing the rust to continue to expand and eventually forming holes.
Paint or oxidation-resistant metal can be used for electroplating to protect the surface of stainless steel. This protection is only a thin film. If the protective layer is damaged, the steel below will begin to corrode. The corrosion resistance of stainless steel depends on chromium. When the addition of chromium in steel reaches 10.5%, the atmospheric corrosion resistance of steel increases. The corrosion resistance of stainless steel is due to the formation of a passivated and dense layer on the surface of stainless steel in the atmosphere. Chromium oxide protects the surface and prevents further re-oxidation. This oxide layer is thin, and the natural luster of the steel surface can be seen through it, giving the stainless steel a unique surface. If the chromium film is damaged, the chromium of the stainless steel reacts chemically with oxygen in the atmosphere. And it quickly reforms the passivation film and continues to protect it.
The environmental conditions of the building determine what kind of stainless steel(304/316/2205) or surface processing (satin/mirror) is used. For inland areas, 304 stainless steel can be used directly. For coastal and hot and humid areas, 316 mirrors stainless steel should be used. For areas with slightly harsh environmental conditions, if the budget is sufficient, 2205 stainless steel can be used. 2205 stainless steel is duplex stainless steel.
Advantages of stainless steel:
- Have a high-quality and beautiful appearance and image;
- Clean and hygienic;
- Corrosion resistance, no need to paint;
- A small amount of maintenance can permanently maintain the appearance without losing the original gloss;
- High toughness, high strength, not easy to deform, good durability and durability;
- Good fire resistance;
- Long service life, low life-time cost;
- 100% recyclable, it is a green material;
We can know that stainless steel has many ideal properties required by building materials. And countries around the world are still continuing to develop new products to meet the needs of different environments and multi-level building applications.
Stainless steel has a very metallic bright luster and reflection. And stainless steel is a product of modern material science, which embodies the truth and modernity, especially the endurance and eternity pursued by artists.
Maintenance method of stainless steel handrail
1. Treatment of stains on stainless steel handrails
1.1 Do not use steel wool to scrub stainless steel handrails. Because scrubbing with steel wool may cause metal particles to adhere to the surface, rust spots will easily occur over time, which will affect the service life of stainless steel handrails.
1.2 To clean the stainless steel handrails, avoid using hard brushes to avoid scratches on the surface of the stainless steel stair handrails.
1.3 Some stainless steel surfaces have thread-like texture. When cleaning the handrails, it is best to wipe along the direction of the grain. If the texture of the stainless steel handrail has been worn to the point that it is not clear, it is best to use a soft cloth to clean the dust on it to prevent obvious scratches.
1.4 If there is grease on the surface of the stainless steel, wipe it with a soft cloth and clean it with a neutral detergent or a special detergent.
1.5 When there is a bleaching agent or some acid attachments on the surface of stainless steel, it should be rinsed immediately with water, then soaked with ammonia solution or neutral carbonated soda water solution, and then rinsed with neutral detergent or warm water.
2. Rust treatment of stainless steel handrails
2.1 If there is a small area of rust, you can use a soft cloth dipped in toothpaste, and quickly rub it back and forth on the rusty part to remove the rust.
3. Polishing of stainless steel handrails
3.1 First wipe the handrails clean with a soft cloth. Dip a small amount of solid wax on the handrail with a dry sponge and gently wipe it on the handrails. After wiping it evenly and brightly, re-dip the solid wax. In this way, the entire stair handrail is painted brightly. After a short pause of about 15 minutes, use another clean cloth to polish it again. The whole process should be completed when the weather is fine as much as possible. At the same time, check the entire stair handrail for damage before wiping, so as to avoid accidental damage during the wiping process.
Modern staircase handrail style
Modern design focuses on spacious and bright spaces with plenty of windows, open floor plans, and polished metal materials. The core principles of this style include:
-Use simple asymmetric geometry
-Plenty of natural light
-Emphasize low-key fixtures and fasteners
-The dividing wall makes the living space visually unobstructed.
1. The well-regarded stainless steel column and the slender wire drawing combine to make the whole railing look traditional without losing the breath of modern art.
2. The guardrails of shopping malls and hotels mostly use the combination of stainless steel handrails, columns and tempered glass, making the entire space more transparent and bright, which looks luxurious and atmospheric.
3. This modern and artistic stainless steel guardrail also uses a combination of glass and stainless steel. The designer cleverly uses transparent glass for the entire wall of the building. This forms a mutual echo with the stairs, making the entire room modern feel to the extreme.
4. This simple and stylish stainless steel guardrail is very suitable for villas and families. It uses a combination of stainless steel, glass and solid wood. The columns and handrails made of simple stainless steel square tubes are simple, but simple and stylish. In addition, the transparent tempered glass makes the whole staircase look chic and elegant, with a warm feeling.
5. The glass is higher than the handrail design. The difference is that this stainless steel guardrail does not have the support of the column. Instead, the glass is locked into the sides with stainless standoffs.
Why choose us:
Unity metal industry limited is a stainless steel handrail product company dedicated to providing high-quality handrail tube and fitting for clients. Always the highest quality at the lowest prices. There is an old saying, “beauty doesn’t come cheap,” isn’t always true. You’ll find good quality handrail accessories at fsunitymetal.Com. That’s because we are a true manufacturer in china. Without any middleman, we can offer the lowest possible rates to the customer.